- About Us
- Regulatory Authority
- National Programs
- Digital Society
- News & Events
With Web 2.0 and social media transforming the way people interact and communicate, ictQATAR has become involved in a wide array of social networks.
- Active in 14 social media outlets in both English and Arabic, ictQATAR has built a network of more than 1,500 friends on the social networking sites Facebook and Twitter. Friends receive the latest ictQATAR news, events, and technology trends. They have become part of the greater ICT community in Qatar, often initiating their own technology-related conversations, commenting on policies and "re-tweeting" ictQATAR tweets to their network of friends. A number of friends even send tweets in real time from ictQATAR events. Recently, ictQATAR has been selected among Qatar's top ten most popular Twitter accounts, as per Tweetholic. Photos from events are uploaded to Flickr.
- Photos as well as news and updates are promoted and shared virally through Digg and Delicious sites.
- Videos of ictQATAR events, exclusive interviews with thought leaders, advertisements and public service announcements are posted to YouTube and then promoted through a variety of other social networks. Based on the quality of its content, ictQATAR was granted a special exception to include longer videos online by YouTube, one of the few organizations in Qatar with this exception. In the Wiki world, ictQATAR holds Wikipedia pages in English & Arabic with detailed information on its programs, news and events.
- ictQATAR is also tapping into the rich online communities that already exist in Qatar, such as Qatar Living & I Love Qatar.
- News of ictQATAR often shows up on the homepage of this most-visited site in the country. And participation on forums such as QatarU, Do7a, Qatar Shares, a widely visited online Arabic forum, drives people to ictQATAR's website.